Friday, February 12, 2010

London's Run

About mid-December, Kristen and her family were down visiting, and she told me she was training for the half-marathon for London's Run on January 30th. When she asked me to do it with her, I just laughed. I'd never run more than 5 miles at a time at that point. I don't know what came over me that next week, but I decided I was going to do it. I had 3 weeks to get ready (should have been about 3 months). I think I experienced almost every setback I could (blisters, side cramps, knee pain, back pain, etc). The furthest I ran before the race was 10 miles, so I was really, really nervous about the 13.1 miles. I could NOT sleep at all the night before. Amazingly enough, I finished it without walking. I wasn't very fast at all, but it felt so good to finish something that I NEVER thought I could and had never even considered. Anyway thanks for the push Kris. I would never have done it without you!
There are some more photos at this site that I'm too cheap to actually buy. :)
http://sportshots.exposuremanager.com/p/1000am-1030am_lr_2010/1027_20100130102715_1731_63_2_4

8 comments:

Alison said...

Good for you! Are you sore? You are looking fabulous by the way.

Unknown said...

now you should start training to run marathons with my mom so she'll stop harassing me! (: {i can run about one mile without stopping! (: } you runners amaze me!!!

Jenny C said...

Way to go Jilly Bean!!!

Kristen said...

I'm a little unhappy about you posting that picture. I showed up to YW on Sunday and Jill and Lora Patterson were there--we chatted for a few minutes and I thought, "Jill seems especially chipper today." Then I looked up at the fron table and there was a framed 8X10 of me at the finish line (the one you can buy online--you know, the one where I look like a man in agony). Apparently, Jill and Catherine thought it was hilarious. I've been plotting my revenge ever since. Don't I deserve to look like death after 13 miles of running?

Amanda said...

I think that is awesome! And for a good cause too. I bet you feel great for running the whole thing without walking. You look great! Time for another baby......

Annesphamily said...

Hi I just stumbles across your blog and thought is was quite lovely with your beautiful family. Having a large brood of my mine I am always remembering when my kiddos were small. They are high school, college and marriage bound these days.
Have a lovely weekend and cngrats on running your own race!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...

Could you please post something new so I don't have to see that picture every time I click on your blog:)?