Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jackson's 6th B-day

He's not officially 6 until tomorrow (the 23rd), but we partied all weekend with this kid. We took the boys swimming at Hamilton Pool on Friday, our first swimming day of the season. Then we had a party for him at a really fun park with lots of bike trails. All of the kids he invited brought their bikes, and they had a blast. They had a water balloon fight, which was good, because it was a really hot day. If you're wondering about the American flag cake, I really don't have an answer. We were at Costco last week and decided to order a cake for his party. He was looking through all the designs and was totally set on the American flag cake. He's a very patriotic 6 year old. I forgot to take candles to his party, so we had the rest of his cake today and he got to blow out his candles then. Anyway, it was a great way to end spring break. Both Jackson and Riggs go back to school tomorrow. Jackson has been such a good help being home the last two weeks, and I told him I'm not ready for him to go back to school, but he informed me that he is.
Crew all ready thinks he can swim and doesn't want us holding him




This sprinkler toy was a present Jackson got from one of his friends. The boys are going to wear this thing out this summer.


Those of you who know me well know that I'm absolutely in love with this kid. He can melt my heart and is so sweet to me and his brothers. He's growing up too fast, and I love every minute of being his mom.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

He is such a sweetie and a great older brother! What a blessing to have him as your first. I think that the flag cake is awesome-did you sing God-bless America?

Megan said...

What a fun party! And that pool looks so fun. My kids would love to go there. I wish it was warm like that up here in Washington. . . my Chelsea turns 6 on the 24th. We had to cancel her party b/c I've had sick kids so hopefully it will great when we finally have her party on April 11th.

Molly said...

So fun! Hayden would have had so much fun at the party! He was so sad that he couldn't go, he loved getting the invite in the mail! Happy Birthday Jackson, we love ya!

Kassie Temple said...

He is so cute!! I was talking to him on the phone and he was telling me that he got to look through a big book of cakes and pick out his own. I couldn't understand what he was he picked out, but now I see. He is too funny. It looks like you guys had a great weekend. Happy Birthday Jackson! I can't believe that he is 6!!!!

Chuck said...

What a cute boy. Parker said they played a little at the park--I'm sad we didn't get to spend more time together. We'll call you this weekend.