Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back to School

Riggs started kindergarten this fall and has done pretty well so far--other than his streak of visits to the nurse's office. One of the first weeks of school, I was in helping out in Jackson's class and was in the office making copies. All of the sudden, I heard a scream down the hall and knew right away that it was Riggs. He and his teacher came around the corner and the side of his head was covered in blood. He wouldn't let anyone near him to clean him up or even look at it. I had to bring out the bribery big guns to finally calm him down. It wasn't too deep of a cut but man did it bleed. I still don't really know what the real story is of what happened. I've heard several different versions from different kids, and I'm pretty sure that they were all doing something they shouldn't have been and can't quite get their stories straight. Since then, he's figured out that he can go to the nurse whenever he wants to get out of something... I wish it would've at least taken him till first grade to figure that out.


Jackson's first day of 2nd grade. I hate how fast he's growing up.





0 comments: