Wednesday, July 2, 2008

LAKE TRIP

Last Friday we took our first lake trip of the summer. My dad got a new boat a few months ago, and we had the best time. Jackson and Riggs can both swim great in a swimming pool, but they're not used to the huge, open water of a lake. I kept telling them to keep their life jackets on, but Jackson really wanted to swim without one when we were stopped. He started swimming over from the boat to some cliffs, and about half way there, he came up for a breath and had a look of complete panic on his face. I swam over and grabbed him, and he goes, "Mom, there's no sides to grab onto". I think he learned his lesson that it's a little different than pool swimming. Both Jackson and Riggs got thrown off the tube at one point or another that day--Grandad loves doing that!






3 comments:

Katie Moreno said...

That looks so fun, I wish we could come over and take a trip with you guys!!!

ms said...

I love going to the lake - I'm jealous, we haven't been once this summer, dang it. Crew's eyes are so blue in the pictures with your dad; what a cutie!

Kristen said...

I have a few memories of your dad tossing me and you off the tube..."livin' on the edge":) I was thinking the same thing as Maren about Crew's gorgeous blue eyes--awesome picture.